Polypropylene (PP) fibres are a set of synthetic fibres with certain features that make them a great addition to construction materials, especially when concrete is needed. Polypropylene fibres are usually made up of either continuous or discontinuous PP fibre arranged on a plastic matrix, and used as a reinforcement material.
The Benefits of PP Fibre
PP fibre can present a lot of different benefits:
- A cost-effective way to achieve high-strength concrete and other construction materials
- Is compatible with many processing techniques, which means there are many applications of polypropylene
- Offer great chemical resistance to a lot of common solvents
- Thanks to its mechanical properties it can get a good balance between stiffness and impact
- Is resistant to freeze-thaw weathering
- Has low moisture regain, making it a good choice even for humid environments
Common Applications for PP Fibres
Polypropylene is often added to the cement matrix to improve the resistance of concrete. Fibre reinforced concrete is much more durable thanks to an enhanced tensile strength and less likely to crack when compared to plain concrete.
Some applications of polypropylene fibres can include:
- High-performance concrete
- Industrial pavements
Fibre reinforced concrete can also present certain amazing benefits:
- Can enhance the compressive strength of concrete
- Is a simple and rapid solution for reinforcement
- Can be easily combined with fresh concrete and then used immediately
- Plastic is non-corrosive and non-magnetic
Choosing Quality Polypropylene Fibres
Propylene fibres can come in different draw ratios which can affect the quality of this fibre filament. Higher draw rations essentially increase the strength of the fibre which can allow it to do a much better job at reinforcing concrete and lower its risk of cracking.
The draw ratios are established in the production stages of the PP fibres, so it is essential for business owners to look for a product or a vendor who can provide them with the right solution for their particular needs. Another, there is a risk of using a PP with low draw ratios, which can impact the integrity of the concrete if the two are mixed.
Bisley Company Can Help You Make the Right Choice
If you are looking for the right fibre to reinforce concrete for various purposes, we at Bisley company are ready to help you make the right choice. Our company offers a variety of different kinds of polypropylene fibres, as well as other types of synthetic fibres that could be useful.
We are here to provide all our clients with top-notch products, and top-notch services. If you are not sure which fibre is right to address your needs, our expert team can advise you and help you make an informed decision.
To get started, we encourage you to fill out our online form or call our office directly at +61 2 8905 4200 to find out more about our concrete admixture materials.