Poly Naphthalene Sulfonate (PNS)
Bisley & Company supplies a range of carefully optimised superplasticiser raw materials to the Concrete Admixture, Drymix and Plasterboard industries in Australia, New Zealand, Asia and the Middle East.
Perhaps the single most important factor influencing the explosive growth of High Performance Concrete in the past 20 years has been the development of High Range Water Reducers, or Superplasticisers. Technical progress in this sector has been extraordinarily rapid. Recent advances permit the concrete admixture designer to achieve excellent workability and remarkable slump life, whilst minimising set retardation.
The advent of these materials made it possible for the first time to:
- economically batch workable concretes with water/cement ratios of 0.3 or less,
- batch Silica Fume concrete at low water/cement ratios,
- achieve super-fluid, highly workable concretes without excessive set extension.
The range of Superplasticiser raw materials available from Bisley presently includes:
- Poly Naphthalene Sulphonates (PNS), the Superplasticiser “work horse” internationally
- Poly Melamine Sulphonates – a specialty superplasticiser with unique attributes
- Polycarboxylates ( PCE )
Bisley & Co supply Calcium and Sodium Poly Naphthalene Sulfonates ( PNS ), with various free sulfate levels. The offered options provide the following advantages:
- Improved product quality, with lower content of free sulfate. Crystallisation of sulfate during cold weather periods can thereby be avoided.
- Improved colour, important especially for decorative concrete applications.
- Higher activity of the product
In addition to concrete applications, these products find uses in other major industry sectors, for example gypsum plasterboard, dry-mix formulations and mining.