Perhaps the single most important factor influencing the explosive growth of High Performance Concrete has been the development of High Range Water Reducers, or Superplasticisers. The advent of these materials makes it possible to:
- economically batch workable concretes with water/cement ratios of 0.35 or less
- batch Silica Fume concrete at low water / cement ratios
- achieve super-fluid, highly workable concretes without excessive set extension.
- produce self-compacting concretes
Bisley & Company now supplies a range of carefully optimised superplasticiser raw materials to the Concrete Admixture industry in Australia, New Zealand, Asia and the Middle East.
Technical progress in this sector has been extraordinarily rapid. Recent advances permit the concrete admixture designer to achieve excellent workability and remarkable slump life, whilst minimising set retardation.
The range of Superplasticiser raw materials available from Bisley presently includes:
- Conventional Calcium and Sodium Poly Naphthalene Sulphonates – the Superplasticiser “work horse” internationally
- Polycarboxylates are available from Bisley & Co as both powder and liquid options. In additional to admixture and drymix compound and precast applications these products find use in gypsum plasterboard.